Saturday, May 22, 2010

No friend mars bars yet but...

Hello! I just arrived in GLAS-GEE (aka Glasgow to you Americans!) and it is super hot, which I would never expect from Scotland, but am pleasantly surprised. For the next two nights I am in a teeny weeny little hotel with a view of the street on a hill and it is quite nice but I wish you all were here to spice it up a bit...

So far, as I am living on bottom dollar/pound, I managed to scrounge a dinner of "cheese toastie" for 3 pounds (!!) and for the rest of the week plan to live off digestive biscuits (which are kind of like graham crackers...)

What you all will probably will excited about is that I found this awesome theatre where there special deal is "A Play A Pie and A Pint!" Amazing, correct?
Other exciting news is that they sell Gin and tonics in Marks and Spencer (a supermarket) as well as whiskey tonics!?!?? And CIDER?!?!
Yes, now I sound like an alcoholic. It's ok....righhhtttt?

I think I also will start a Glaswegian dictionary to amuse you and so I don't get lost. So far I have:
-Buckie: a very cheap alcoholic beverage. Quote: " Buckfast is alleged to be the drink of choice for drinkers who are prone to committing anti-social behaviour when drunk, especially drinkers under 18 years" (Who's up for a tipple? :) It sounds like the Four Loco of the UK! AHHH! What also makes sense is its other code name: "Electric Soup." Haha!
evidence: http://blog.beliefnet.com/idolchatter/buckfast-wine.jpg

-Bawbag: "ball bag" (scrotum) or a fool. I guess that makes sense...?

Enough for now. Time for a digestive biscuit and some Buckfast baby. x


1 comment: